Kenneth Hartley Blanchard (born May 6, 1939) is an American author and management expert. His book ‘The One Minute Manager’ (co-authored with Spencer Johnson) has sold over 13 million copies and has been translated into 37 languages. He has coauthored over 30 other best-selling books, including
- Raving Fans: A Revolutionary Approach To Customer Service (1993),
- Leadership and the One Minute Manager: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership (1985) (in which he coined the term seagull manager),
- Gung Ho! Turn On the People in Any Organization (1997),
- Whale Done! The Power of Positive Relationships (2002) and
- Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations (2006).
Blanchard is the Chief Spiritual Officer of The Ken Blanchard Companies, an international management training and consulting firm that he and his wife, Marjorie Blanchard, cofounded in 1979 in San Diego, California.